Group Account is a balance netting service within Nordea, concentrating group funds into one account - the top account on a real-time basis. The top account is normally held by the parent company.
A number of summary levels and/or sub-accounts are connected to the top account. Sub-accounts are used for day-to-day transactions even though legally they are not real bank accounts.
All funds in the Group Account are bank balances on the top account. When funds are paid in or withdrawn from a sub-account, the total available balance on the top account is instantly adjusted.
- Reduces your need for external financing
- Improves your net interest
- Reduces your group's balance sheet
- Saves you from value date delays in internal funds transfers
- Facilitates your administration
- Gives you a total overview of the group's liquidity