Probability and impact of a “Grexit”

Sandte Holger
22-06-15 13:41 | Economic outlook

A possible Grexit (Greece leaving the Euro area) is coming closer. But how would it come about and can Greece leave the Euro area without leaving the EU? Nordea Markets analysts provide answers to 12 frequently asked questions.

- We attach a 70% probability of Greece staying in the Euro area. However, that also leaves a 30% probability for a Grexit, making it a significant risk. If it happens, increased volatility and market concerns will be unavoidable during the next weeks. Afterwards, a lot will depend on how well the Grexit will be managed, Holger Sandte, Nordea’s Chief European Analyst writes in a comment.

Read the Q&A on Greek exit.