It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on the journey with us and have a leading role in building up our team?
The position we offer
Risk & Compliance Solutions (RCS) orchestrate, implement and coordinates changes to align and augment the risk and compliance activities in a structured way through proactive remediation supporting the IT organisation. The RCS ambition is to take on complex tasks and bring them from idea phase to realisation. In parallel, RCS increases risk awareness and continuously builds structures and procedures that give Nordea IT management excellent qualitative support.
You will as Chief Risk and Compliance Advisor in RCS have the responsibility for the Technology Operations & Support (TOS) domain in Group Technology were you will provide IT audit, risk and compliance advisory and oversight of related deliveries. In close cooperation you will, with the Co-heads of TOS and the management team, enable effective risk, compliance and audit management.
You will be working in 1st line of defence, where you will support or lead activities related to IT audit, risk and compliance management for the TOS domain within Group Technology.
The main responsibility areas are:
- Strengthen risk governance oversight within TOS through a data-driven approach utilizing business and technology insight.
- Drive risk awareness activities and facilitate activity based risk management within the TOS domain to enable effective risk, compliance and audit management.
- Taking the lead in building the unit with strong competencies
- Secure that the IT Risk and Compliance Solutions audit and compliance management services are provided in a unified way.
- Build on relationships and partner up with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the value chain to effectively run development and implementation processes.
- Communicate effectively to recipients at all levels in Nordea to secure necessary input, anchoring and optimising the decision making process.
The position is based in Copenhagen.
The qualifications you need
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
We expect you to have 5+ years of experience within risk, compliance and audit combined with a strong interest in being a driver for activities and initiatives. We expect that you will play a central role in driving changes as well as supporting and building the foundation for a great customer experience. You should furthermore possess basic IT knowledge.
In addition, we will look for the following qualifications/skills:
- High working capacity, solid track record and the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver quality solutions on time.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to (and find it interesting and rewarding) work in a cross boarder Nordic organisation.
- Be able to influence without formal authority and show ability to influence and present ideas to senior levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience in the financial services industry particularly with IT operations is advantageous
Relevant certifications such as ITIL, COBIT, CRISC, CISA etc. – will be to your advantage.
More information and send application
For more information about the position, please contact Andrea by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone, at +45 61613569. You may also contact Reidar Bjerknes by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +47 90844306
Please submit your application, including cover letter, CV and other relevant documents no later than 3 November 2017 by using our online application form.