Lead Software Architect, Helsinki
Job ID: 164
Job Country: Finland
Job City: Helsinki
Would you like to join the leading team in backend engineering responsible for a platform with hundreds of APIs servicing millions of customers. We are now looking for a Lead Software Architect to design and implement core software components, creating and improving APIs for household and corporate customers , and working together with other technical leaders in versatile engineering initiatives.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the One Digital. We add value by ensuring that our mobile and netbank customers in both corporate and personal banking space receive great customer experience that is based on security, stability, performance and excellent design. As Lead Software Architect, you’ll play a valuable role in Digital Core Engineering unit, which builds the technical foundations for our mobile and netbanks in the Nordics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be one of the main contributors to core API platform components from design to implementation supporting several hundreds of APIs
- Drive and design engineering iniatitives in collaboration with other engineers, leaders and architects
- See beyond the horizon and continously look ways to improve ways of working and software development and delivery practices
You’ll join a Core API team that is responsible for driving the softare development, delivery and operations related aspects in the API platform serving the Nordea mobile and netbanks in the Nordic countries. Our team is also responsible for delivering the agreements and customer information domains for our household customers. We are a team of very passionated and versatile backend oriented engineers. The role is based in Helsinki.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Must posses real passion in technology and development, regardless whether it is tooling, infrastructure or coding related
- Systematic, analytic and pragmatic approach to whatever you work with
- Should aim for precision, quality and you would have a genuine desire for continuous improvement
Your experience and background:
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Familiar with atleast one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Excellent understanding industry best practices for RESTful API design
- Good understanding on automated testing, code profiling and performance testing
- Familiar with authentication, authorization and security in API development (OAuth2 & OWASP, GDPR)
It is seen as an advantage if you have:
- Experience in building reactive code with RXJava/RX(x) or Project Reactor
- Some experience and generic understanding of architecture and components around running software, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Hazelcast, Databases, MQs, Kafka , VMWare, API management solutions, service meshes, gateway, proxies, firewalls, network architecture, cloud services. You know, whatever is between the data and the client. Not in any specific order
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 21/05/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Tomi Andreas Sarni - (email@example.com).
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com