Head of External Communications Denmark
Job ID: 192
Job Country: Denmark
Job City: Copenhagen
Driven. Media skills. Team Leader. Advisor.
We are now looking for Head of External Relations at Nordea in Denmark.
Nordea is the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
In External Relations Denmark, we add value to Nordea, our customers and the general public by creating an understanding of Nordea’s business and values through external communication. As a Head of External Relations, you will play a valuable role in leading this work and a small team in Denmark.
You will be responsible for external communications in Denmark: developing and delivering on the local Danish reputation strategy based on the overall Group communications and brand strategy, driving communication solutions that have a clear customer focus, protecting and strengthening Nordea’s position and reputation, and supporting Nordea in reaching business goals. We work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of responsibilities and a strong team spirit in order to deliver on ambitious targets.
You will lead a small team with a variety of backgrounds and skills. You will also be part of the Nordea Group External Relations’ core team to ensure aligned, efficient communication across the region as well as part of the Danish Country Business Area Functions team.
We work closely with communication colleagues throughout the Nordics and with Nordea’s business area heads, experts and spokespersons.
What you will be doing:
- Being responsible for Nordea’s external communications strategy and delivery in Denmark
- Leading a small External Relations team in Denmark
- Handling daily inquiries from the media at a fast pace and building relationships with journalists and editorial teams
- Planning and executing proactive external communication with Nordea’s spokespersons covering a broad range of topics and in a variety of channels
- Working with messaging, issues management, interview situations and media training
- Function as a media advisor to especially the Danish Business area heads, experts and spokespersons
- Driving and executing on communication plans and strategies for various projects
- Working with the quarterly report communication
- Coordinating and gaining support for communication and strategies with internal stakeholders and units.
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are a team leader who understands the importance of collaboration to attain optimal results and know how to motivate other skilled communicators of varying seniority
- are driven, proactive, structured and a self-starter with the ability to deliver within deadlines
- enjoy working at a fast pace with a variety of duties that run in parallel
- enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table
- enjoy working in sometimes challenging communication scenarios that demand availability, speed and yet thorough research and accuracy
- understand the importance of an integrated and holistic perspective to ensure coherence of different channels and messages
- have the ability to navigate in a large pan Nordic organisation
- enjoy interacting and collaborating with people at different levels of the organisation.
Your experience and background:
- Experience in leading others
- Experience in developing and executing on communication and reputation strategies
- Experience as a media advisor for all levels in the organisation – from C-level to experts and other spokespeople
- Experience from media relations and hands-on media-related communication
- Experience in issues management and messaging
- Knowledge of financial economics, personal finances and macroeconomics is advantageous
- Prior experience from working with external communication and media inquiries in a large organisation is also advantageous, but not a requirement
- Master’s degree
- Native Danish and excellent level of English, spoken and written.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 13/05/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Lotte Mari Bruns External Relations on +358 400291629 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Martina Julin, Talent Acquisition on +46 721 480683 or email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com