Your release management skills are needed to Change the Bank!
Nordea IT is going through a transformation to increase efficiency, create greater coherence across IT and to meet the customer expectations. The Banking Technology unit and a more agile execution model are organised around IT capabilities and a business-alignment function.
Within Banking Technology, lays us – the Software Engineering Capability, responsible for the solutions that change the bank.
We focus on uplifting our IT capabilities: change execution, requirements management, software architecture, software development, quality assurance, engineering system and strategic execution. Are you the one who can help Nordea increase organisational maturity by taking responsibility of growing up the competence and motivation of our IT professionals.
We are looking for multiple roles in the areas of release management.
As a (Senior) Release Manager, you will be a spider in the net and act as the key player managing the overall release for the domain with close interactions with other release managers, program execution teams and operation and infrastructure teams. At the same time, you will be contributing uplifting the release management capability both within the domain areas of your responsibility and also as a function within the Banking Technology Engineering System unit.
The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and processes in highly complex environment context, can grasp the big picture and at the same time is able to go down into the details, to ensure detailed planning of release management activities.
As a release manager in the Release & Change management team you will have an unique opportunity to take the next step in your career. We are looking for one or more colleagues to join our team and be a part of our IT organization covering IT Release & Change management competencies. Based on your experience and/or aspirations, you could work either in traditional ITIL-based release management projects, or in SAFe and agile release projects.
You don’t need to have all the arrows listed below in your quiver, but the more you have the better. You will, among other important tasks, be responsible for:
- Running the release lifecycle planning and execution activities
- Defining the release governance model and milestone plan
- Representing the Release & Change management capability in program meetings
- Leading release go live activities
- Planning and Executing Change activities prior and during a production release
- Planning and getting stakeholder approval for changes and releases
- Leading gate meetings to approve next steps in the release
Who are you
Expected skills cover one or more of the following:
- Educational background relevant to Bachelor's/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Several years of release management experience, preferably from the banking sector
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, SAFe methodologies
- Understanding of technology related to DevOps
- Experience in building up and working with continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
- Experience in coordinating complex releases with different architectures across different programs
- Knowledge on Change management processes and tools, preferably on Nordea’s side
- Prior experience in building and improving the release management function in a complex organization
- Deep knowledge on SW and infrastructure releasing cycles
- Experience and knowledge in Infrastructure & Operation
- Experience in working with incident, problem and change management
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Accountability and proactivity
Furthermore, we would like you to:
- Be an analytical person with great project management and planning skills
- Have great coordination skills with the ability to motivate and inspire the people you work with
- Pay attention to details, with the ability to keep an overview to deliver your commitments and dependencies to others
- Have great communication skills and can explain and break down high level strategies into tactical and operational actions and secure delivery and close follow-up
Motivation and willingness to learn something new every day is the mind-set we are looking for in the potential candidates. We focus on each employee’s professional development and combine personal development plans with suitable tasks and necessary education. Finally, you are willing to walk the extra mile to deliver outstanding services to fit release schedules applicable for all Nordea Banking Technology projects.
- Full time position based on an employment contract
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- A benefit package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sports card, cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Employee Pension Scheme
For candidates in Poland:
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Counil of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.