We are looking for three Graduates to join Group Treasury & Asset Liability Management (“TALM”) a unit within Group Finance & Treasury. This is an opportunity for you to gain a holistic view of the Nordea Group and understand the role that Treasury plays in the largest Nordic Bank.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
The Nordea Graduate Programme is designed to provide you as a selected and talented university graduate a unique opportunity to kick-start you career by learning and developing professionally and personally while building a valuable global network. Learn more about the programme.
Your future responsibilities
As a Graduate in Nordea, you will be taking ownership of your contribution, growth and enjoyment while Nordea will empower you to continuously explore, learn and adapt.
Positions are open both in the IFTP & Capital Framework Team, IRRBB & Líquidity Models team as well as the BSM Models Team.
The IFTP & Capital Frameworks team, manages the Group’s Funds Transfer Pricing (“FTP”) and Economic Capital frameworks, which combined are central in measuring and managing the Group’s value creation.
In this Graduate position you’ll work with:
- Engage in modelling and create tools to support decisions in liquidity, funding and capital to enable good profitability management.
- Analyzing data, performing impact studies, and proactively developing and implementing improved methodologies.
- Driving improvement projects.
- Maintaining and operating our internal pricing process (Funds Transfer Pricing)
- Securing implementation of the Group’s new IT infrastructure
The IRRBB & Liquidity Models team maintains and develops the key models used to simulate & manage the Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) and liquidity risk of the Group.
In this Graduate positions you’ll work with:
- Engage in modelling and create tools to support decisions in ALM, liquidity, funding and capital to enable good risk management.
- Analyzing input data & model outcomes, performing impact studies, and proactively developing and implementing improved methodologies for dynamic Net Interest Income risk simulations, Economic Value calculations and behavioural factors.
- Engage in improvement projects in the area
The BSM Models Team (“Balance Sheet Management”) maintains and develops the future strategic forecasting models which are integral to the Balance Sheet and Capital forecasting as well as the Wholesale Funding strategy for the Nordea Group.
In this Graduate position you’ll work with:
- The BSM models team is currently going through an important shift from an excel based environment to an in-house developed model in Python.
- You will contribute towards the development of the in-house model throughout the entire forecasting process (sourcing, calculation and analysis).
- Improve or acquire in-depth understanding of the Nordea Group’s Balance Sheet, across capital, funding and liquidity.
- Analyse data with the aim of streamlining data sourcing and output logic used by the model.
- Contribute towards the documentation and testing of any new functionality deployed in the models in line with the model development pipeline.
Roles are based in Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki.
Welcome to three young and dynamic teams that are currently going through important change agendas providing you the exposure towards a fundamental central function within a Bank.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- A Master’s degree
- A maximum of two years’ post-academic work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Interest and desire to work with big data and databases
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SAS, R or MatLab
- Structure individual with a hard-working ethos
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
You can only apply for maximum three Graduate positions.
To become a Graduate in Nordea, you’ll need to pass three ability tests; numerical, verbal and inductive.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please submit your application in English including a CV, a document with contact information to two references (no references will be contacted without your consent), University diploma and grades (as completed up to date) and Work permit (if non-EU citizen) no later than 18.11.2018.
Sweden: Magnus Svensson (IFTP & Capital Frameworks) firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabio Franco (BSM Models) email@example.com
Finland: Risto Juntunen, (IRRBB & Liquidity Models) firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.