This is an opportunity for you to gain a key role with many stakeholders and to be responsible for AML within Nordea Kredit.
We are looking for a new colleague to be responsible for our handling of financial crime.
You will have the pleasure to work with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere.
This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the ways?
You’ll join Nordea Kredit, Strategy & Development, we are responsible for business development, portfolio management, risk and legal. Head of Strategy & Development is referring directly to Executive Management. Nordea Kredit is the third largest mortgage company, balance-sheet approx. DKK 400bn, in Denmark and an independent SIFI. This means that you will have the benefit of working in a company that both fulfil responsibilities on its own and in a through partnership with stakeholders and colleagues in Nordea Bank.
What you’ll be doing:
The AML responsible person for Nordea Kredit will have a clear mandate with responsibilities for Financial Crime (AML, CTF, and ABC) and you must assure that Nordea Kredit complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering Act, the rules and regulations issued thereunder.
You will be effectively involved in the work on mitigating the risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism and you must have sufficient knowledge of Nordea Kredits risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism to make decisions that could affect the company’s risk exposure. Optimally, you have experience from a financial institution with 1LoD/2LoD financial crime activities, including AML risks.
Your responsibility will be to prepare and assure that Nordea Kredit has adequate written internal AML/CTF policies, procedures and controls based on Nordea Kredit risk assessment and respecting the group policy and standards. You will follow the development of financial crime-related mitigating actions within Nordea Bank, including identifying risk-scenarios involving Nordea Kredit. You will participate/represent Nordea Kredit in internal and external inspections.
Further you will be the one taking decisions related to:
- Approving policies, procedures and controls
- Approving customers identified as PEPs
- Assure actions are taken to mitigate AML risks in the company
- Manage the co-operation with Nordea Bank
- Assure controls are being executed to mitigate AML risks, for example regarding:
- KYC processes
- Transaction and Sanctions Monitoring and Screening
- Ensuring the Intra Group Agreement on AML activities are maintained/updated
- Participate in relevant AML decision fora in Nordea Group, including the reviews of selected reports from Nordea Bank to understand if the Nordea Kredits risk picture is changing
- Participate in external fora when relevant
The role is based in Taastrup. Welcome to a high performing team, with a very high level of both knowledge and spirit.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- It is a requirement that you have knowledge about AML and have excellent Danish and English language skills
- You are a strong negotiator
- You can take the described responsibility to the next level
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You easily mix strategic thinking with operational tasks
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application - interviews will be conducted on-going.
For more information about the position, please contact Senior Vice President, Head of Strategy & Development Charlotte Ekholm, +45 4099 4000, email@example.com