We are looking for a German Speaking Product Specialist support the sales activities of the Institutional and Wholesale Distribution (I&WD) unit by acting as the knowledge hub for all investment-related matters (markets, products, competition). This is an opportunity for you to combine your passion about the financial markets with your self-driven, entrepreneurial attitude to promote our investment strategies to our investors through various channels (marketing documents, investment strategy updates, meetings and roadshows).
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
Nordea Asset Management (NAM) is the asset management arm of the Nordea Group, the leading financial services group in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions. The group has 11 million clients and 30,000 employees. NAM has around 590 employees and manages more than EUR 200 billion of assets for institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the Nordic region and the globe.
You’ll join Institutional and Wholesale Distribution Product Management, where we are the main contact with our investment professionals being the internal asset management boutiques based mainly in the Nordic region or external asset managers spread across the world. We are in charge of promoting our investment solutions by conception of successful marketing documents, product promotion and support to the dedicated I&WD clients’ sales team, also supporting them as an investment expert in client meetings, conferences, roadshows, conferences, etc.
What you’ll be doing:
- Promote our investment strategies through the expertise and know-how to our investors considering current market environment
- Perform the investment strategies and asset classes’ analysis by making quantitative and qualitative comparison against our competitors
- Conceive and maintain pre-sales marketing documents such as pitch book, market insights etc
- Assemble and deliver monthly and/or quarterly investment strategy updates informing our investors about portfolio developments, performance and performance attribution
- Participate to conferences and client events as speaker and expert for related investment solutions and support our Sales person in one-to-one client meetings
The role is based in Luxembourg. Welcome to a multilingual, growing team of 20+ people, which is working in an inspiring, multi-cultural and creative environment with a Nordic touch.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Degree in finance, economics or related studies
- A native German speaker, with excellent skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge in another language is considered an advantage
- Ideally some years of experience in a product specialist role, with experience in conducting research and investment analysis across asset classes and geographies globally
- Ability to understand some quantitative models and have a qualitative discussion with Institutional clients will be considered a clear advantage
- Well-organized and detail oriented individual, with strong presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present and defend ideas
- Strong skills in financial analysis and ability to interpret macroeconomic data
- across global markets
- Team player with experience in setting priorities, ensuring timely delivery and acting within a multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg with the ability to learn new software quickly
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 10.02.2019.
Please note that the position might be filled before the application deadline.