We are looking for two junior macro analys colleagues, where one will predominantly focus on Swedish macroeconomic issues and the other one on global economics. This is an opportunity for you as an analyst to thrive in the leading research department in one of the largest banks in Europe – while also building your local Swedish knowledge base and network.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Macro Research. Welcome to a team that are as passionate about the Federal Reserve’s next move and China’s local debt issues as we are about regional Nordic labor dynamics. We are one team serving all Nordea’s 11+million clients from six locations around the globe. Nordea Macro Research is part of Nordea Research - the Nordic research powerhouse unmatched in scale, scope and quality. Together we cover all asset classes and are the only broker that can claim top three positions in all of them. We are proud of our cross-asset approach to research, where top-down macro themes translate all the way down to single stock picks, and vice versa.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will participate in macroeconomic forecasting, thematic research and preparation of presentations in Swedish and English, as well as independently produce morning reports
- Over time, you would also be expected to communicate research to Nordea clients, internal stakeholders and media
The roles are based in Stockholm.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You have a genuine passion for anything related to macroeconomics and financial markets
- You combine a solid foundation in macroeconomics, gained e.g. through a master's degree and/or up to two years of relevant work experience, with a fascination for the complexity of the real world
- You enjoy crunching numbers as much you thrive on discussing and communicating your findings
- You yearn for success and growth and are not discouraged by setbacks along the way. You enjoy alternating between solo assignments and team work
- You are proficient in English, Swedish, Microsoft Office and Excel in particular, with additional programming skills considered an asset
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 27 January 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Kristin Magnusson Bernard, +46 721475015, firstname.lastname@example.org
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.