We are currently seeking to reinforce Group External Communication at Nordea Denmark with an experienced, independent communicator. As part of the Group External Communication team, you will be part of a team working with Nordea’s external communication, spanning ongoing media enquiries, proactive activities and strategic plans and projects.
Your future responsibilities
You will join a fast-paced environment with a variety of duties and a strong team spirit in order to deliver on ambitious targets. The job also requires the ability to navigate in a large, pan Nordic organisation. Knowledge of financial economics, personal finances and macroeconomics is advantageous, but not a requirement. The same applies to prior experience from working with media enquiries in a large organisation.
The role of communicator comprises:
- Handling daily questions from the media at a fast pace
- Gaining support for decisions and strategies with relevant people in the bank
- Working with and providing advice regarding choice of media, messages and interview situations together with the bank's spokespersons
- Planning proactive, external communication
- Writing press releases with relevant angles and messages on group level
- Having dialogues with journalists
- Working with communication plans and strategies for various projects
- Close contact and interactions with different business areas in the bank
- Driving or participating in the quarterly reporting process
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
We expect you to enjoy working with communication activities that can be challenging at times, and require availability, speed, accuracy and sound structuring and planning capabilities. You understand how to communicate smoothly with different target groups, and enjoy building relationships, both internally and externally. You are independent yet a team player, and understand the importance of cooperation to attain ideal results.
Your profile and background:
- Media relations experience and accustomed to talking to journalists
- Proactive, structured and a self-starter with the ability to deliver on deadlines
- Understand the importance of thorough research, accuracy and gaining support in the organisation
- Have the ability to navigate in a large, pan Nordic organisation and enjoy interacting and cooperating with people at different levels of the organisation
- Accustomed to writing press releases with relevant angles and messages
- Experienced in writing communication plans and devising communication strategies
- Skilled strategist and a highly skilled writer
- Excellent English language skills, as this is our corporate language
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 23rd April 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Stine Green Paulsen on +45 61120332
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.