Big Data Architect to Nordea Finance, Helsinki
Would you like to be in the driver's seat on Nordea Finance Data Lake implementation and building the foundation for a successful business? We are looking for a Big Data Architect for an important and exiting role with excellent growth opportunities!
At Nordea, we know our customers’ needs are changing – and we’re deeply committed to meeting them with the financial solutions of tomorrow. We’re creating an agile environment where we’re harnessing the power of technology – one where you can make an impact. So, bring your skills, ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Nordea Finance IT, Data and Analytic Solutions, which is a newly formed Nordic unit. Data Management and Analytics play a critical role in realizing our overall company strategy of embracing data – our times Gold. Data and Analytics value stream is chartered to build the capability to help our internal business, but also external stakeholders derive the true value from well managed and good quality data.
We are looking for an architect who is passionate about data and understands the path for applying advanced analytics & big data techniques to solve real-world problems for Nordea Finance.
You will be the main driver from IT side, collaborating with the product management and other business to help develop capabilities according to the roadmap for building and driving advanced analytics and manage the big data platform in our common data lake.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving Nordea Finance data architecture of the Data & Analytics value stream in alignment with the overall Nordea data architecture
- Collaborating with the business side on initiatives to understand requirements, data flows and transform the business needs and roadmap to architectural plans
- Creating the common data models, take a holistic IT approach of existing Hadoop roadmap to build the Analytical area, to ensure Nordea Finance data assets are safely ingested into the common Data lake
- Collaborating with the development teams to communicate data models and architectural decisions, identify and resolve technical impediments in relation to plans around data assets, applications and data handling
- Creating technical architectural solution designs for business problems we want to solve
You’ll join a global team that follows Agile Safe model. The role is based in Helsinki, Vallila.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Proactively drive complex initiatives and you also communicate fluently with stakeholders, both from IT and business side
- Have a strong technical background, and have worked with various technologies and preferably with data management
- Experienced in the overall Data & Analytics area and a background in classic Business Intelligence or Data Management
- Understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment and have demonstrated skills architecting technology to solve business problems.
- Experience in data warehousing and various BI tools (Example: OBIEE, Power BI etc.)
- Preferred experience in Hadoop stack (MapR, Cloudera, Cloud BI / OpenShift platform)
- Preferred experience Data modelling experience, dimensional design and data transformation.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 12 April 2020. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Jarkko Rossi, Jarkko.firstname.lastname@example.org
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com