Application Operation Specialist, Gdańsk
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Application Operations team. We add value by being the technical subject matter experts on all application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services. We work with Docker containers, Apache spark cluster, Java applications, Apache tomcat platform, Oracle databases, Git repositories, Bash/Python/PowerShell scripting, Windows and Linux operating systems. You are, together with the team, responsible for operating the IT organization's applications and for ensuring operational stability.
As the Application Operation Specialist, you’ll play a valuable role in sharing, advising and educating others on sound design principles related to reliable operations and deployment of our software, and working closely with members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams - you will facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services. You will also be leading initiatives within the team that will help us on the path of Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide ongoing support (24/5) and improvement of applications and services
- Manage technical integrity, upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Ensure updated application documentation in the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) and Knowledge Management System (KMS)
- Identify candidates for automation and ensure it’s implemented
- Manage relationships with business and IT peers
You’ll join an energetic, young team that generates great momentum from collaboration, passion and drive for continuously improving our customer experience. The role is based in Gdansk.
Who you are
- Have talent for proactive problem solving
Your experience and background:
- Linux/Unix operating System knowledge (Windows would be an advantage)
- SQL knowledge (Oracle/PLSQL will be an asset, other SQL accepted)
- ITIL and/or knowledge of processes
- Knowledge and practical experience in event monitoring
- Scripting or development knowledge and experience, as well as knowledge of banking industry, especially trading and risk domain would be an asset
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com