Assistant Service Operations Officer in Settlement PL Transition Project, Łódź
Would you like to explore settlement area and have direct impact on trade execution? We are now looking for an Assistant Service Operations Officer / Service Operations Officer.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re a large employer in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Settlement PL team. We add value by being responsible for securities settlement of wide range of instruments like equities, bonds, commercial papers etc. We closely cooperate with custodians, brokers, agents, middle and front office to provide the best service to our clients.
Currently we are growing as a team and we search people for new assignments. It gives opportunity to learn new processes but also discover Nordic culture on onside training. You can have direct impact on simplification and harmonization transferred tasks so focus on process change is more than welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily settlement of various securities
- Investigating, amending and matching transactions that have not settled automatically
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies between Nordea and custodian’s accounting books both cash and securities (reconciliation of securities)
- Creating/changing standard settlement instructions
- Maintaining relevant liquidity on internal bank’s accounts
- Taking part in various projects (implementing both banking legislation and process changes)
- Participating in 3/6 months delegations concerning transfer of responsibilities to Poland from Denmark
The role is based in Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your profile and background:
- Good knowledge in English (both spoken and written)
- Finance related university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Analytical and strong problem-solving mindset
- Focus on details combined with seeing wider perspective
- Pro-active approach to ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers
- Willing to travel
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 5 April 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 13 par. 1 and par. 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’ I inform that:
- The Administrator of your personal data is Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź, hereinafter referred to as the company
- Data Protection Officer in the company is Esa Kainulainen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for specific positions are kept for two years after the recruitment process has ended. Open applications to our candidate database are kept for six months, after which they will automatically be deleted, unless you choose to renew your application. We will send you an e-mail reminder before the six months have passed and ask if you would like to renew your application. You may request an open application to be deleted at any time.
- For e-mail notifications of new positions via our Job Agent, the personal data you submit is kept until you choose to unsubscribe from the service..
- Your personal data will not be shared with other recipients.
- Your personal data will not be shared with third countries.
- You have a right to access your personal data and the right to rectify, delete, limit processing, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of processing, which was made based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body when you feel that the processing of personal data violates the provisions of the general regulation on the protection of personal data of April 27, 2016.
- Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to conduct the recruitment process. Failure to provide personal data necessary to conduct the recruitment process, in particular personal data specified in the art. 221 § 1 of the Labor Code from June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws 2019.1040 i.e. from June 6, 2019) will cause the application to be left without recognition by the Administrator.
- Your personal data will not be processed in an automated way, including the form of profiling.
These rights mentioned in the point 6 and 7 can be executed at any time by submitting a written declaration, in person or by sending correspondence to the address of Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmigłego 20, 93-281 or by e-mail: email@example.com
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com