Assistant Service Operations Officer in Settlement PL Transition Project, Łódź
Would you like to explore settlement area and have direct impact on trade execution? We are now looking for an Assistant Service Operations Officer / Service Operations Officer.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re a large employer in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Settlement PL team. We add value by being responsible for securities settlement of wide range of instruments like equities, bonds, commercial papers etc. We closely cooperate with custodians, brokers, agents, middle and front office to provide the best service to our clients.
Currently we are growing as a team and we search people for new assignments. It gives opportunity to learn new processes but also discover Nordic culture on onside training. You can have direct impact on simplification and harmonization transferred tasks so focus on process change is more than welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily settlement of various securities
- Investigating, amending and matching transactions that have not settled automatically
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies between Nordea and custodian’s accounting books both cash and securities (reconciliation of securities)
- Creating/changing standard settlement instructions
- Maintaining relevant liquidity on internal bank’s accounts
- Taking part in various projects (implementing both banking legislation and process changes)
- Participating in 3/6 months delegations concerning transfer of responsibilities to Poland from Denmark
The role is based in Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your profile and background:
- Good knowledge in English (both spoken and written)
- Finance related university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Analytical and strong problem-solving mindset
- Focus on details combined with seeing wider perspective
- Pro-active approach to ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers
- Willing to travel
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 7 February 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com