Financial Controller, Łódź
Would you like to join a highly experienced and motivated team of controllers with a strong background in supporting our business areas and group. The role is based in Łódź.
We are now looking for a Financial Controller.
We add value by ensuring the correctness and timely delivery of financial reporting and support Financial Management with comments on business development. As the Financial Controller, you’ll have a valuable role in one of our key areas by: ensuring efficient controls, actively driving correction based on your findings, driving improvement initiatives and providing value adding comments on business development in your responsibility area.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest employers in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Financial & Business Control. We add value by ensuring the correctness and timely delivery of financial reporting and support Financial Management with comments on development in Poland and balance sheet.
As the Financial Controller, you’ll have a valuable role in one of our key areas by ensuring efficient controls, actively driving correction based on your findings, driving improvement initiatives and providing value adding comments on business development in your responsibility area.
What you will be doing:
- Control/quality assuring the monthly result in one of our key areas in accordance to financial control and accounting principles
- Helping to ensure that relevant and efficient action is taken when issues are found
- Commenting changes in income to support our stakeholders understanding on monthly and quarterly development
- Using your expertise to proactively drive quality improvement and alignment initiatives that increase efficiency and quality in our reporting and processes
You’ll join a highly experienced and motivated team of controllers with a strong background in supporting our business areas and group.
The role is based in Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best- and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have excellent communications skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Are able to team up and build networks efficiently with your Nordic colleagues
- Are active, self-driven and have the ability to get things done independently or as a part of a team
- Have good analytical skills and a good feeling for figures
- Have a keen interest to understand our products, income drivers, as well as accounting principles and are always eager to learn more
- Are a team player with a positive can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile for common goals
Your experience and background:
- You have a master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field
- You have relevant experience as a controller or from financial reporting (preferably in the banking sector) and a proven track record of 3-5 years
- You have strong technical skills and adapt quicly in using new tools
- Experience in Essbase/Smartview, ODV or SAP tools is considered and advantage
If it sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 26 February 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving our customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com