Business Analyst in Trading Book Applications, Warsaw
Would you like to be a part of Solution Delivery unit that is accountable for efficient end-to-end business change delivery to Finance and Treasury solutions. This is an opportunity for you to join a global and challenging environment of traded financial instruments where you will learn and grow, whilst developing a combination of strong business and IT skills.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do. That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, dynamic environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs. We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Solution Delivery Competence Centre team. We add value by delivering change through common ways of working and enabling common information & reporting.
Solution Delivery unit is responsible for delivering change and improvements for the systems and applications used in financial and risk control and reporting for Nordea Markets and Treasury for their traded financial instruments. Trading Book Application area participate in developing the components used in financial flows all the way from Treasury’s product systems to Nordea’s main general ledger and related financial reporting. Part of our responsibility is to implement the Data Governance to our data assets. We also improve and automate the processes relevant when our data is used for external and internal purposes.
Your main responsibility is to drive the continuous improvement and development for our financial reporting database and accounting system. This happens in close collaboration with Business stakeholders in Treasury and Control together with IT. The main part of the role is to work in agile development projects to meet the requirements in our financial and regulatory reporting, control and analysis area. Your role is also to support the implementation and execution of the data controls.
What you’ll be doing:
- Subject Matter Expert providing business input to accounting and financial reporting process related development matters
- Creating user stories in SAFe® Scaled Agile Framework way for the development backlog, testing the IT solutions, taking care of the implementation and maintaining the system by continuous improvement
- Strong collaboration between different stakeholders in business and IT organisation
- Data owner and domain expert in financial and regulatory reporting process
- Developer for automated framework for control and analysis by using latest technology for data extraction and visualisation
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have experience around traded financial instrument together with financial and regulatory reporting
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Take responsibility of executing work independently and take the extra commitment when needed.
- Have great collaboration skills to work between business stakeholders and IT
- Are result-oriented, have strong drive to deliver and “can-do” approach
- Using programming/query languages such as SQL, Python, XML, Excel
Knowledge, experience and background:
- Hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree within Finance supported by accounting knowledge
- Financial products in both derivatives and money market
- Data and databases with flavour of IT or an engineering subject
- Legal and regulatory reporting
- Experience of management accounting and reporting would be an advantage
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 4 June 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com