Chief Accountant – Group Finance and Treasury, Finance Poland, Łódź
Would you like to be responsible for coordinating all accounting and tax processes, ensuring compliance to local and group regulations, to enable Nordea to deliver legal, management and regulatory financial reporting to relevant stakeholders? We are now looking for a Chief Accountant to Group Finance and Treasury.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest employers in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Group Finance. GFT organization comprises Nordea’s main financial management units. GFT is mandated to drive financial performance management, provide high-quality and efficient financial reporting and planning across the Group, including financial and business control and insightful analysis, to meet business needs and regulatory requirements.
Finance Poland, as a part of GFT organization, is responsible for Legal & Regulatory Reporting Poland and for compliance of local and Nordea's accounting processes, principles and tax frameworks, as well as producing financial statements.
Our focus is on our customers. The most important being the Business Areas, the Local Board, Local Executive Management as well as the PL FSA and the National Bank of Poland.
We believe that having highly motivated people, working together in teams contributes to great customer experiences.
As Chief Accountant in Finance Poland, you will ensure delivery of world class finance and accounting services as part of the newly formed Finance Poland unit. In the role as Chief Accountant you will also participate and take ownership in all strategic and tactical issues and stakeholder management on behalf of Finance Poland unit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and ensuring the implementation of the accounting and financial principles and policies
- Ensuring Branch compliance with polices, guidelines and instructions within Nordea
- Proactively planning and managing taxation of the PL Branch in close co-operation with Group Taxes
- Coordinating process of legal reporting to the local authorities according to the legislation (provide requirements and approve Financial Statements, reports for National Bank of Poland, Statistic Office, Tax Office, Auditors, etc)
- Coordinating delivery of group reporting packages
- Overseeing the assigned area scope to ensure proper maintenance of all systems and functions
- Coordinating Treasury Functions
- Ensuring prudent accounting and closing of Nordea books in accordance with frameworks and policies to enable high quality financial information for internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering a strong business result and driving lean implementation and business transformation
- Driving efficiencies and improvements across Nordea accounting and financial reporting processes
- Communicating clearly and effectively to the entire organization about strategy and business plans
- Cooperating with Head of the Branch in preparation and execution of budget and multi-year plans for the Branch
- Cooperating with the Head of the Branch in preparation of development strategies
- Leading and coaching to ensure efficiency in the operations and to facilitate development
You will be reporting to Fiance Manager in Poland. The role is based in Lodz, Poland.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
In order to enjoy and succeed in the role, we believe that you have:
- Proven track of experience (3-5 years) in similar position is a must and successes in leadership position supporting global teams and global processes
- Broad accounting and finance background
- Extensive experience in the field of taxation
- Strategic ability to see what needs to be done, both in the short and long term, with a solution mind-set
- Experience in working with demanding stakeholders
- Drive to motivate people and lead them through changes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solution oriented, can-do approach in dealing with challenges
- Capability to work under time pressure
- English on professional level (spoken and written)
- SAP launch experience (nice to have)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than the 8th of March 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com