Analyst/Associate within Sustainable Finance Advisory, Investment Banking, Helsinki
Would you like to join our newly established Sustainable Finance Advisory team within Investment Banking (IB) in Helsinki? We are now looking for a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in sustainability and the financial markets. This might be your next challenge.
In the team we have a broad client focus and you will be exposed to a wide range of tasks and opportunities allowing you to build your overall understanding of sustainability in the financial markets. Since the team is newly formed a sizable portion of the work will initially be in helping define and build the franchise, besides the core focus on servicing our clients.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Sustainable Finance Advisory team.
We are responsible for advising Nordea’s largest clients on the developments in the financial markets with regards to sustainable finance. With a specific focus on sustainability in the context of finance we have a broad focus on clients ranging from supranational and agencies, to corporates and financial institutions.
As an Analyst or Associate in our team you will from day one be a crucial part in building the broader franchise and interacting with clients.
- Be part of, and over time lead, the client activity on sustainable finance for clients in Finland
- Analyse potential areas for expanding the scope of the Sustainable Finance Advisory franchise
- Undertake both company and sector ESG research to be used in client discussions
- Create high quality meeting material and presentation
- Lead external and internal Sustainable Finance projects on both a shorter and longer term
- (Co-)Write weekly and monthly updates and inputs to clients
- Provide topical research on key developments in the market
- Stay up-to-date on the broader developments in the financial markets and the broader sustainability themed political discussions
You’ll join an engaged team with a positive attitude. The role is based in Helsinki.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
The position initially has a broad focus as you will help build and shape the Sustainable Finance Advisory franchise and hence the tasks will vary significantly. The role is intended having a strong client focus, which will provide exposure to a broad set of opportunities. Over time you will be expected to lead many of the Finnish client discussions on sustainable finance advisory related matters.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Thrive on working with clients and are excited working in a competitive environment
- Have strong interpersonal and networking skills combined with a personal drive.
- Have a curious mind-set combined with an ability to lead your own projects
- Constantly look to discover new ways of being relevant to our clients, colleagues and Nordea overall.
- Are creative in coming up with relevant and novel ideas whilst being resourceful and diligent in your work
Your experience and background:
- At least 2-4 years of relevant work experience, ideally within sustainability and finance
- Academic degree within sustainability and/or finance
- Interest and experience in dealing with ESG matters in finance
- Strong command of English and preferably native Finnish language skills – both in written and spoken format.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and driven personality.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than the 27th of September 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com