Big Data Infrastructure Engineer, Warsaw/Gdynia
Would you like to be at the frontier in exciting territory spanning Big Data and Cloud Computing? We are now looking for a Big Data Infastructure Engineer to support the Hadoop Service Fulfilment Team in providing the Hadoop Platform to the Business Units.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Hadoop Service Fulfilment team. We add value by providing Big Data platform to support business critical applications in the Bank. As Big Data Infastructure Engineer, you’ll play a valuable role in supporting business units in the daily operations by maintaining the Hadoop Platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being responsible for operations and maintenance support of the Hadoop Platform
- Working on restoring Hadoop services in case of incidents
- Interact with Business IT Units, architects and infrastructure specialists, as well as Linux/Unix- and Database Specialists to optimize operational stability and platform performance.
- Write and maintain Big Data and Cloud knowledge base: blogs, processes and guidelines.
- Collaborate and coordinate globally with cross border teams and tenants: you help, guide and solve issues related with Cloud Data Platform and peripheral integrations, including data and frameworks.
You’ll join a Hadoop Service Fulfilment, Big Data & Analytics, where we design, deploy and run the Hadoop and MapR Big Data Platforms supporting Big Data workloads running in multiple cluster environment. The role is based in Warsaw or Tricity.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have very good communication skills
- Exchange ideas and relate to people from all parts and levels in the organisation
- Have an Agile mindset
Your experience and background:
- Hands on experience in Big Data platforms, e.g. Cloudera Hadoop & MapR
- Great Linux/Unix skills and experience with all layers of the technology stack
- Understanding of distributed computing and large enterprise infrastructures
Nice to have:
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python, Ansible and Bash scripting
- Hands on experience in distributed database platforms and cloud computing
- Knowledge about data models, structure and database systems
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 22 July 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com