Assistant/Service Operations Officer in Securities Transfer Services, Łódź
Would you like to have an opportunity to work and develop in securities transfer and settlement area? We are now looking for a Assistant Service Operations Officer / Service Operations Officer to be a part of skilled team providing high quality and efficient support for Nordea’s customers.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest employers in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Securities Transfer Services Team. We are responsible for securities transfers of instruments like equities or bonds. We cooperate with our coleques from many teams within Nordea, brokers, Nordic and foreign banks to provide the best service to our clients.
As Assistant/Service Operations Officer you’ll play a valuable role in our team having opportunity to learn new processes and gaining knowledge how securities transfer market works. Moreover working wit us you will have a chance to implement your improvement and ideas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Free of payment and delivery vs payment transfers of share/ bonds
- Reconciling unmatched trades internally or with our stakeholders.
- Taking part in various projects (relating processes or team areas).
We cover processes for Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway.
You’ll join a young, ambitious, responsible group of people willing to help and advise in every situation always act with the customer’s needs in mind. The role is based in Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are passionate about doing a great job.
- have Customer orientated mindset
- are excited about bringing your ideas to the table.
- are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others.
Your experience and background:
- good knowledge of English language, both oral and written
- University degree (finance, economy) or equivalent professional experience will be an asset
- need to be a team player with a mindset of delivering for common good
- take ownership in your areas of responsibility, but work well with others as well
- analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- clear and concise communication skills
- pro-active approach to ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers
- drive stakeholder collaboration to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15 August 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com