AppOps Engineer, Gdańsk
Would you like to be the bridge between members of the infrastructure-, business-, and development teams and facilitate top-notch delivery and support to our services? We are now looking for an AppOps Engineer to provide 2nd level support for a variety of applications. You will also participate in the transformation of Application Maintenance towards DevOps and Site Reliavility Engineering (SRE) approach.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Middle Office Solutions team. We add value by delivering application maintenance for key regulatory and market mandatory services. As AppOps you’ll play a valuable role in supporting Market- and Credit Risk applications. You will also have the opportunity to learn exciting technologies like GRID, Cloud computing, Docker infrastructure, Rest services, Consul and many more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing 2nd level support and assist in 3rd level support requests (working with developers)
- Investigations and analysis of incidents and problems
- Manage upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Perform administrative operations in managed systems as requested by business or technology to maintain the systems
- Be available for on-call rotation to work on any major incidents occurring outside normal working hours
- Work with Infrastructure- and Development teams to implement and control quality and reliable batch applications supporting internal and external customers
- Maintain our servers (Windows and Linux)
- Being proactively involved in improvements and optimizations to our applications and infrastructure (including database optimizations)
You’ll join a team where we are responsible for support, maintenance, deployment and automation of variety of applications. As a “run the bank” organization we make sure that Technology services and applications work today and continue work in the future. The role is based in Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table
- Dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult
- Committed to empowering others
Your experience and background:
- Excellent troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive attitude and general interest in Technology
- Fluent in English, written as well as spoken
- Windows and Linux infrastructure (Linux server administration and scripting, e.g. Phyton)
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, AppDynamics
- Good command of SQL language
- Incident, change and problem management tools (Atlassian tools, Helix)
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (certification is a plus)
- Good to have: familiarity with technologies such as Docker, Ansible and container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Openshift)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 27 February 2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com