Analyst / Senior Analyst for forecasting models in TALM, Warsaw, Gdańsk and Gdynia
We are looking for individuals who will contribute towards the development and maintenance of the next generation of Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss forecasting and steering solutions at Nordea. This is an opportunity for you to get a holistic view of the Nordea Group with regards to the strategic forecasting interacting with key stakeholders across the Bank.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You will join the Balance Sheet Management Models (“BSM models”) team, a unit within Treasury & Asset Liability Management (“TALM”) which is part of Group Finance. The BSM models team develops and maintains the strategic forecasting models for the Nordea Banking Group. The BSM models team has developed an in-house forecasting and steering model in Python with a supporting infrastructure which is integral from the model user perspective. The model contributes towards the strategic forecasting process for the Group integrating the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss across capital, funding and liquidity.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will contribute towards the continued development of the in-house Python model
- Liaising with model users, data providers and other Nordea stakeholders as part of both managing change and the production cycles
- The models contribute towards the Balance Sheet and Capital forecasting process for the Group
- Responsible for driving the development, testing and presenting of the solutions to the relevant stakeholder
- Improve or acquire in-depth understanding of the Nordea Group’s Balance Sheet, across capital, funding and liquidity
- Work closely with the BSM models team members and identifying new opportunities to further improve the existing solution both from an efficiency and operational risk perspective
The role is based in Warsaw, Gdańsk or Gydnia. The BSM models team is located in Stockholm and Helsinki.
Welcome to a driven team that currently has the opportunity to continue to develop the next generation of strategic forecasting tools at Nordea.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Driven individual who is expected to take full responsibility for data analysis and problem solving
- Are a team player with a positive can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile for a common goal
- Have excellent analytical skills
- Used to delivering on agreed project milestones fostering a strong team environment and a driven individual
- Interest in balance sheet management is seen as a benefit
- Structure individual to ensure that work is well planned and well communicated to key stakeholders
Your experience and background:
- Experience in building and maintaining models used for strategic and business decision making
- Experience with handling large amount of data with SQL knowledge
- Experience with Python, SAS, R or MatLab (Python preferably)
We are open for either candidates who are fresh from concluding their studies or have prior work experience. The most important item is that it is the good fit for both parties. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 12 February 2021. For more information about the position, please contact Fabio Franco, +46721475273, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com