Android Developer, OneDigital, Oulu
It’s an exciting time for you to join One Digital. We are changing Nordea with big ambitions and creating the future of digital banking, and we would like you to be a part of it.
At Nordea, we know our customers’ needs are changing – and we’re deeply committed to meeting them with the financial solutions of tomorrow. We’re creating an agile environment where we’re harnessing the power of technology – one where you can make an impact. So bring your skills, ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to One Digital, the biggest banking platform in the Nordics! You will join an awesome group of people from across the world, that delivers solutions to our customers in a never before seen pace, ensuring that Nordea will become the frontrunner in digital banking services. One Digital owns most mass-distributed frontends and related API development for Nordea customers.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better digital bank, which fulfils a meaningful role in society. We are impacting the lives of our 11 million customers around the world by helping them fulfil their daily banking needs. You will have the possibility to influence how people do digital banking and change Nordea to meet the future. We are looking for people, senior or junior, that are passionate about developing great software for our digital platform.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in feature design together with the team and product management
- Design, implement and test new features in Nordea's mobile applications & related services by using modern software development tools and technologies
- Contribute to an internal mobile developer community e.g. with code reviews and sharing best practices between teams
You will join a team of talented engineers. We sometimes argue about technical topics loudly but eventually getting things done drives us. The position is in Oulu.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Possess good communication skills and are able to deliver complex solutions in a clear and understandable way
- Drive for solutions even when it needs something from outside the team or your comfort zone
- Finally, you should enjoy interaction with other people, being member of a high performing team
Your experience and background:
- You have some professional experience of Android application development with Java and/or Kotlin
- Understanding of software engineering to effectively work in codebases with large number of contributors
- Fluent spoken and written English
It is seen as an advantage if you have experience working with/on RESTful services and UI test automation.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please note that we will take interviews as applications comes in, so submit your application as soon as possible but no later than 31 March 2021. For more information, you're welcome to contact Mika Honkonen, +358 46 923 7920 or email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com