AML specialist, Nordea Asset Management, Lisbon
We are looking for an AML Specialist to our team in Nordea Investment Funds S.A. Do you want to contribute to combating money laundering and terrorism financing? Do you want to be part of an AML/CTF competence centre in Asset Management? If yes, then this might be a position for you.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You will join Nordea Investment Funds S.A. – Sucursal em Portugal, a fund management company established under the laws of Luxembourg and authorised by the Financial Supervisory Authority in Luxembourg, Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), to conduct collective management of funds, including UCITS funds and alternative investment funds (AIFs) with branches in Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium and Singapore; and subsidiaries in Chile and Switzerland.
What you will be doing:
As part of our team you will perform operational tasks related to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing by:
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulation
- Completing documented initial and ongoing customer due diligence reviews in line with internal policies and procedures
- Performing legal assessments of regulations in different jurisdictions and the impact of those
- Ensuring stakeholder communication and reporting. Build and maintain professional relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ensuring regulatory driven oversight of counterparties in relation to AML controls
- Maintaining and promoting a sound and compliant AML/CTF culture
- Contributing to ongoing reviews of processes and procedures related to the AML/CTF framework
- Performing PEP & Sanctions screening as well as transaction monitoring
- Ensuring up-to-date processing of due diligence and perform legal assessments of received information
- Supporting strategic cross-border projects on AML/CTF matters
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
We are looking for a new colleague who has the willingness and ability to read and understand AML/CTF related regulatory requirements, the eagerness to learn and develop in the role, is business orientated and pragmatic. You will be joining a small team consisting of five people which means that you will be involved in most of the tasks that are performed and need to be good at working with other people. You also need to have a high work capacity.
- You have experience within the area of AML or other relevant experience for this role
- You are self-motivated and solutions orientated
- You have a problem-solving and analytical mindset
- You demonstrate a high level of commitment and professionalism
- You are a strong communicator verbally as well as in writing and can communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- You pay attention to detail and are highly organized
- You have a good understanding of the regulatory obligations related to AML/CTF
- You are able to work autonomously and prioritize your tasks
- You must be fluent in English and ideally in another language
- You have a university degree, preferably in Law, Finance or Economics
- You are holding a CAMS certification or are willing to acquire it in a reasonable timeframe
- You have a good understanding of company structures and the asset management environment
The role is based in Lisbon and includes travel from time to time.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application as soon as possible, no later than 31 January 2021. Please note the position might be filled before the application deadline.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com