Nordea is organising a startup accelerator programme in autumn 2015. The programme will include 10–15 startup companies that will innovate new digital services for customers. Nordea's partner in the project is Nestholma. The application period for the programme opens on 13 July.
According to Michal Panowicz, Deputy Head of Digital Banking in Nordea, the startup accelerator is seeking people with special competence from across the Nordic countries.
- We want to strengthen our image as a pioneer in electronic services in the Nordic countries. We are primarily looking for new innovations for customer contacts, payment services and savings services.
Application period to start soon
The startups selected for the programme will work in Nordea's premises in Vallila in Helsinki for a period of three months. Every company will be assigned a mentor from Nordea for the duration of the programme.
- The programme offers startups a unique opportunity to work with a leading Nordic bank in close cooperation with our best experts. At the same time, we will gain new insights and learn new ways of working. And, obviously, we want to refine the best innovations so they can benefit our customers and, if necessary, we will continue cooperating with some startups once the programme is concluded, says Panowicz.
The web pages for applications will open on 13 July at www.nestholma.com. The application period is about two months. The aim is to have the selected startups begin their work at Nordea in November.
Nestholma will participate closely in the entire programme.
- We will select the 10–15 startups for the programme together with Nordea, invest a small amount of startup capital in all the participants and coach them on a regular basis. We can also make additional investments in the startups, if we feel they are warranted, says Nestholma's Antti Kosunen.
- We have very good experiences of similar programmes in other sectors. We are really excited to be cooperating with Nordea, as it will open up all kinds of new opportunities for us.
Nordea also involved in Slush Hacks
Nordea will also be involved in the Ultrahack event, which will culminate in the Slush Hacks weekend on 6–8 November 2015 before the main Slush event.
- At Ultrahacks, we will select one or two more startups whose ideas we feel hold the best potential for the programme, Michal Panowicz says.