What will this winter look like, after seeing the effects of climate change, in terms of a very hot summer?
Nordea is part of Climb for Climate to raise awareness about the devastating effects of climate change and to initiate a movement that enables positive actions. Climate Change is here and now and money is one of the most powerful tools to make a difference for our climate. We want to enable a good climate for our clients and global society. Together with customers and partners Nordea enables the transition to a sustainable future.
Welcome to take part of how Nordea is engaged in Climb for Climate.
Connecting the dots
- Nordea is engaging in Climb for Climate to raise awareness about climate change.
- The project united different partners in a unique collaboration to work together along the activity to raise the awareness.
- Protect our Winters, Haglöfs and Peter Sandahl from Nordea took on the challenge to climb 82 summits in the Alps in 100 days.
- During summer 2018 where the actual climbing started the challenge was not able to fulfill due to climate change.
- The effects of climate change with melting glaciers was really clear onsite among the Alpes and also overall in Europe with extreme heat.
- Nordea moved 7 billion SEK from traditional pension savings to climate friendly investment solutions.
- To allocate money to sustainable investments is key in the movement of making a difference for the climate.
Come along and explore Nordea’s engagement in Climb for Climate and in climate issues in general.
Follow us explore the impact of Climate Change in the Apls
Click on the links below to watch the videos.
- Effects of climate change: The lost harvest
- A sustainable choice: Why investing matters
- Climb for Climate: The lost sea of Ice
- Climb for Climate: Top of Mont Blanc
- Climb for Climate: When climate change destroys
Climate Position Statement
Nordea is engaged in climate issues because it is material for our business and in offerings to our customers. That means that we need to adapt, mitigate risks related to climate issues and engage for the climate.
Learn more about Nordea’s position on climate change (pdf, 326 KB)
Read more news
Nordea Asset Management has taken home the ‘ESG engagement initiative of the year’ prize in the 2020 Sustainable Investment Awards
Markets and investments
Our investment strategists on the allocation strategy for July 2020.
Our work Responsible business
Recently, Nordea was highly ranked for our sustainability work by the NGO ShareAction, while we scored relatively low in another ranking/survey. We understan...