Nordea has published updated Green bond framework and Second party opinion report
In relation to Nordea’s issued green bonds, and after completing the annual review of the framework, Nordea has published an updated Green bond framework and this year’s Second party opinion from ISS ESG.
Highlights of the updates include:
- Increased Green Asset Pool size, now amounting to EUR 2,852m for Nordea Bank Abp
- The addition of Nordea Kredit as a new Green Covered Bond Asset Pool in the second party opinion (SPO)
- Diversification of Nordea Bank’s Green Asset Pool via introduction of the first solar power assets
- Diversification of Nordea Kredit’s Green Asset Pool via introduction of the first sustainable agriculture assets
- ISS ESG has given Nordea Bank Abp a sustainability rating of C, which classifies it as “Prime”
- ISS ESG has given Nordea Bank Abp a sustainability performance Decile Rank of 1, which equates to a high relative performance (1 highest, 10 lowest)
“We are pleased to see that our green asset pool has continued to increase in size and now amounts to more than EUR 2.8bn and with further diversification of the green assets. We will continue to be a relevant issuer in the green bond market, and with the current asset pool size, we have room for continued issuance in addition to the already issued EUR 1.25bn of green bonds”, says J-P Jääskeläinen, Senior Treasury Manager in Nordea Long Term Funding.
Please find the updated Green bond framework and Second party opinion and find more about Nordea’s green bonds on here.
For further information, please contact:
Juho-Pekka Jääskeläinen, Senior Treasury Manager, Long Term Funding, +46 10 1571979
Andreas Larsson, Head of Debt Investor Relations, +46 709 707555