We are looking for Back-end
Developers with an opportunity to develop microservices serving millions of
customers in Nordic countries. In Nordea Digital, we
implement JSON-based REST-services using modern Java 8 technologies to support
secure, interoperable and scalable banking operations. Our web services are a
critical part of connecting the mobile and web clients to the backend domains.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Digital & Design, where we are
responsible for the digital services that are offered to Nordea’s customers in
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement REST APIs with JSON to various backend domains using Java8 and Spring Boot
- Create unit, integration and volume tests to ensure the quality and reliability of our deliveries
- Analyse and design software using state of the art Java technologies
- Provide expert technical assistance to operations and stakeholders as needed
- Working together and with close support from a high-performing agile team
The roles are based in Oulu, Finland. Welcome
to the team that brings the bank to your phone.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Experience in software development using Java8 modern concepts and features
- Knowledge of Microservice architectures and RESTful web services
- Familiar with Spring Boot or similar API frameworks
- Understanding of and experience with agile methodologies
- Familiar with tools such as Maven and Git
- Positive attitude
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
you can read more about us and how we are changing.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest
possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity
makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal
opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 31 May 2019.
Great people often know great people – please
share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.