Application Support Engineer (Hadoop), Gdynia
We are now looking for an IT Support Engineer.
You will be working in Nordea's Data System/Engineering team as the Support Engineer. Here you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of supporting Nordea's next core data platforms.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the DS Application Service. We are on a mission of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape, and we need you to join our international team of Support Engineers,
to run our next core data platforms.
What you will be doing:
- As the Application Support Engineer you are a problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- You are keen on latest Big Data technologies, automation, Agile ways of working and DevOps concept
- You are experienced in Application support within an Agile environment. Experience in financial services would be ideal
- You will be responsible for operating and managing various Big Data applications.
Support Engineer responsibilities include:
- Provide L1/L2 application support
- Liaise with other application supports and internal/external business and technical partners
- Timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production
- Problem resolution and conduct root cause analysis and establish processes that will help incident prevention.
- Manage Builds & deployments
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable
The role is based in Gdynia, Poland.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
We expect the ideal candidate to have experience in:
- Providing application support
- Hands-on Big Data experience such as Hadoop (particularly Cloudera) including streaming technologies (e.g. Hive, Spark, Oozie, Scala)
- Process knowledge of Linux platform commands
- Experience in supporting ETL application and Data Warehouse
- Good understanding of Databases and SQL
- Willingness to learn new technologies and contribute
- Operations mindset and focus on customer
Furthermore, you have:
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams
- Solid grounding in Financial Service
Here are the highlights of what you will gain by joining the Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home office
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to Employee Pension and life insurance Scheme
- Relocation package option
If it sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 14 August 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com