Together with customers and partners, we enable the transition to a sustainable future
For Nordea, sustainability means taking responsibility for the impact we have on our surroundings.
As the leading bank in the Nordic region, we play a key role in the transition towards a sustainable future. We take this role very seriuosly. Together with our customers and partners, we can make a difference through the choices we make.
"Sustainability is part of everything we do in Nordea. It is about mitigating risk, improving resiliance and creating opportunities. It is, quite simply, the right thing to do."
Group CEO - Casper von Koskull
Learn more about sustainable business and read the latest news
- Nordea was ranked as one of the world’s top 100 sustainable corporations.
- EUR 5.90 billion in assets in Nordea’s sustainable funds as of March 2018.
- We were the No. 2 issuer of green bonds in the Nordics in 2017.
- Nordea wins Best Investment ESG Process award in Europe in 2018 for the fourth year in a row.
- A total of 90% of our new contracted suppliers were screened for environmental protection, labour practices, human rights and anti-corruption in 2017.
- Thanks to our customers choosing to use our digital tools, we are one step closer to achieving our goal of becoming a paper-free company within a few years. Nordea Personal Banking sent out 15 million fewer letters to customers in 2017 alone, equating to a reduction in paper usage of about one-fifth.
Sustainable leaders outperform laggards by
It pays to Invest with
an ESG hat on
Taking environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into consideration in investment processes is not only beneficial from a sustainability perspective but also from a financial perspective. Recent research by Nordea Markets found that companies that are leaders in sustainability outperformed laggards by around 40% over a three-year period.
Watch our other first-hand reports from the field
Keep up with the latest in sustainable finance
Together with customers and partners, Nordea enables the transition toward a sustainable future
Sign up for the Sustainable Finance newsletter
If you'd like more information,
please contact our sustainability team