Application Support Specialist, Gdańsk
About this opportunity
Welcome to the TOS Application Maintenance WBO SUN. We add value by automating what was done manually before, in order to avoid unnecessary repeatable work! As Application Support Specialist, Gdańsk you will play a valuable role in providing the stability to Nordea’s Capital Market applications while helping company’s internal users.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide 2nd level of support while helping users of capital market applications to solve incidents, problems and introduce changes to the systems
- Write bash/python scripts in order to automate what is possible
- Build both infrastructure and application monitoring just to proactively mitigate the risk of incidents
- Write and run basic SQL queries to retrieve data from various DBs
- Work with CI/CD tools (bamboo, ansible) for deployment of new versions of software
You will join the team in which we strongly believe that the mutual trust and transparency in what we do and what we think, are crucial parts of effective work. This kind of relationships drive us to have a private contact also after business hours. The role is based in Gdansk, Poland.
Who you are
- Love to solve problems and dig down to find the root cause
- You have a team player mind
- Experience in supporting end users and customer friendly attitude
Your experience and background:
- Linux (preferably Red Hat Enterprise) experience
- SQL basics (queries, tables, updates etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English (C1 level strongly preferred)
- Scripting languages experience (e.g. Bash. Python or Go), practical knowledge of monitoring tools (i.e. Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, Geneos), ITIL knowledge, Ansible, GIT, Oracle WebLogic, Atlassian stack (as these are technologies we use on daily basis) would be an asset
If it sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
We are the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. Our employees add value to our customers and society by sharing a wide range of competencies within finance, tech, business, risk and compliance. Read more about us at nordea.com