Nordea Asset Management’s Responsible Investment team is proud to present the Responsible Investments (RI) Annual Report, which describes the team’s activities during 2015.
Following the climate negotiations at COP21 in Paris, responsible investments may have never been higher on the global agenda.
- At Nordea Asset Management (NAM), we welcome this increased focus, as we work to deliver returns with responsibility for our investors, and the Annual Report exemplifies how we create value through integrating ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) into our investment decision-making and through stewardship and engagement, Sasja Beslik, Head of Responsible Investments in NAM says.
NAM’s model for outlining engagement activities is supported by structured processes to prioritize engagement efforts on key issues such as under-performance and high-risk exposure within ESG.
As part of the engagement and ESG analysis approach, NAM also regularly visits company sites to improve the understanding of relevant issues and to get a closer view on how investee companies are managing their social and environmental challenges throughout their value chain.
- In 2015, we visited Hyderabad in India, which is one of the world’s most polluted areas and a genuine dumping ground for many of the western pharmaceutical industry’s suppliers.
- We travelled to the area to deepen our understanding of the supply chain management of large global pharmaceutical companies that source from India and the trip resulted in an engagement project involving 20 pharmaceutical companies, Sasja Beslik says.
Our Stars Funds
Our Nordea Stars funds are about positive selection and selecting quality companies with well-managed ESG profiles that generate long-term economic value. We currently have three Stars funds. In the report we give you examples of holdings and ESG highlights from all three.
Want to know more?
The Responsible Investments Annual Report gives you several examples of the research and engagement activities that the RI team has been involved in in 2015.
You can also read about:
· How garment companies mitigate risks in high-risk countries like Ethiopia
· Health and safety issues in companies in Singapore, Manila and Jakarta
· Our focus areas: climate change, water, human rights and corruption
Download the report here (pdf, 1 MB)
For further information:
Please contact Magdalena Kettis
Other Responsible investment news
Unless we learn from the mistakes of the past and start focusing on more than short-term gains, our financial myopia could lead to losses, bankruptcies and m...
Our work Responsible investment
It is our pleasure to present the Nordea Asset Management Annual Responsible Investment Report for 2016.
Nordea Asset Management has just been acknowledged for the on-going work with ESG and responsible investments.
Samhällsansvar Responsible investment Responsible business
Nordeas team för ansvarsfulla investeringar rekommenderar en försäljning av befintliga innehav i de tre bolagen bakom Dakota Access Pipeline.
After years of consistent and dedicated work with ESG and responsible investments, Nordea Asset Management is considered a pioneer within this area.