There will be a new chance for startups to accelerate their ideas this autumn. The first Nordea Accelerator programme ran successfully during winter 2015-2016 where twelve selected startups developed their ideas in cooperation with Nordea. The next programme will run for 12 weeks starting September 2016 and is now open for applications.
Now more fintech startups get a new chance to accelerate their business. Nordea’s programme is now open for applications from fintech startups all over the world. The first programme ran in Helsinki, and this time the startups can also choose to work on site at Nordea premises in Stockholm.
- The idea is to learn and find new business and partnership opportunities through collaboration and, ultimately, provide better digital services for Nordea’s customers. One of Nordea’s challenges for the startups is to come up with good ideas within emerging technologies like cognitive computing, artificial intelligence in banking and financial usage of blockchain technology. But Nordea is interested in several other areas, which opens good opportunities to attract many different startups to the programme and provides synergy and diversity, says Jan Sirich, Head of Experimentation & Learning, Nordea Digital Banking.
Selection week in Oslo
The 50 most promising of the applying startup teams will be invited to a training and selection week which will take place in Oslo during August. The best 20-30 startups among this group get the opportunity to work closely with Nordea in the autumn.
- Nordea Accelerator is the biggest of its kind in the Nordic region. We want to offer the startups a unique opportunity to work in close cooperation with external entrepreneurs, international tech specialists, Nordea experts and key decision-makers. My ambition is that the startups attending Nordea Accelerator will find that it is a huge business opportunity which enables them to develop both themselves and their network, says Jan Sirich.
Nestholma Venture Accelerator is the partner Nordea has teamed up with both for the first programme and the new one, which is now open for applications.
First accelerator was a success
Nordea had its first accelerator during the winter 2015-2016. After the first programme all 12 startups are still in business and most are doing great.
- The startups received over 600,000 euro in new funding and for two of the startups (Jenny and Feelingstream) Nordea is preparing actual pilots where the opportunities for long-term partnerships will be further evaluated. Nordea is also working with a couple of the other startups for possible cooperation, says Jan Sirich.
- Apply online 12 May-7 August
- Three-month intensive programme
- Located in Helsinki and Stockholm
- Visit http://nordeaaccelerator.com/
- Follow us at twitter @NordeaStartup
Latest press releases
Press release Annual general meeting 2019