1. What personal data we collect
Personal data is in most cases collected directly from you or generated as part of the use of our services, products and channels. Sometimes additional information is required to keep information up to date or to verify the information that we collect.
The personal data we collect can be grouped into the following categories:
1. Identification information: examples of personal data in this category include national identification number, name, copies of your passport or driver’s license, Netbank ID and Mobile bank ID.
2. Contact information: examples of personal data in this category include postal address, phone number and email address.
3. Financial information: examples of personal data in this category include type of agreement, asset and debt information, transactional data, credit history, insurance history.
4. Information related to legal requirements and taxation: examples of personal data in this category include asset and debt information, country of taxation or foreign tax payer reference,and information required to be collected for customer due diligence and anti-money laundering requirements.
5. Profile information: examples of personal data in this category include nationality, place of birth, demographic information, marital status and occupation.
6. Nordea relationship information: an example of personal data in this category is the history of the customer relationship between you and Nordea.
7. Special categories of data: examples of personal data in this category include information concerning health for some insurance-specific products provided from the Nordea life and pension companies, and information on trade-union membership related to certain loan products.
Personal data we may collect from you:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when becoming a new customer, we collect personal data such as name, national identification number, e-mail address and phone number, and income and debt information to be able to provide you with the product or service in question.
Nordea also collects information which you provide to us, such as messages you have sent as feedback or a request in our digital channels. We record phone calls and chat conversations for documentation of customer requests, verification of orders, security and fraud management purposes, and to fulfil legal requirements. In addition we may use a recording for quality check of services delivered and for improvement of our processes.
For security purposes, we may have cameras in our branch offices and ATMs. When you apply for a loan from us, we may also collect information in relation to your loans from other sources, such as centralised credit information providers which collect loan information from other creditors.
Personal data that we may collect from third parties:
- Publicly available and other external sources; register held by governmental agencies (such as population registers and registers held by tax authorities, company registration offices, enforcement authorities, etc.), sanction lists (held by international organisations such as the EU and UN as well as national organisations such as Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)), registers held by credit-rating agencies and other commercial information providers providing information on e.g. beneficial owners and politically exposed persons.
- In connection with payments, we collect information from remitters, shops, banks, payment service providers and others.
- Health data from health institutions (for our Life and Pension companies).
- From other entities in the Nordea Group or other entities which we collaborate with.