The General Meeting is the Company’s highest decision-making body, at which the shareholders exercise their voting rights. At the General Meeting decisions are taken regarding matters such as the annual accounts, dividend, election of the Board of Directors and auditor, and remuneration to Board members and auditor.
General Meetings are held in Helsinki.
Latest information about the General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of Nordea Bank Abp was held at the headquarters of Nordea in Helsinki on 28 May 2020 by applying extraordinary meeting procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Shareholders had the possibility to follow the AGM through a web stream. 2,321,708,016 shares and votes, corresponding to approximately 57.3 per cent of the total number of shares and votes in Nordea, were represented at the AGM. The AGM supported all the Board’s and the Shareholders’ Nomination Board’s proposals by at least 90 per cent of the votes cast.
The AGM also authorised the Board of Directors to decide on a dividend payment of a maximum of EUR 0.40 per share for the financial year 2019 to be distributed in one or several instalments. This authorisation will remain until the beginning of the next AGM. However, the Board of Directors intends to follow recommendations adopted by the European Central Bank and will refrain from deciding on a dividend payment based on the authorisation before 1 October 2020.
FAQ: Click here for questions and answers regarding the AGM 2020
Opening of the AGM by the Chairman of the Board
Video presentation by the President and Group CEO
Press releases and stock exchange releases
- 2020-04-28 Notice to the Annual General Meeting of Nordea Bank Abp
- 2020-04-20 Nordea’s Annual General Meeting will be held on 28 May 2020
- 2020-03-31 Nordea Bank Abp’s Board of Directors proposes postponement of decision on dividend payment
- 2020-03-23 Nordea cancels its Annual General Meeting scheduled for 25 March 2020 and will convene a new meeting planned to be held on 14 May 2020
- 2020-03-16 Nordea announces precautionary measures for AGM on 25 March 2020