Together with customers and partners, Nordea enables the transition to a sustainable future
Nordea has set the mission to enable the transition to a sustainable future in our capacity of a major bank and through the choices we make. We address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of our efforts. Enabled by sustainable finance, we adapt to changes in our business environment – in demand, expectations and opportunities – to become increasingly digitalised and climate-friendly. We mitigate risks related to the environment, social issues, corporate governance, financial crime, credit losses, reputation and an uncertain future. We do so by integrating sustainability throughout the bank, into our core products and processes in our core areas of investments, financing and advice and in our internal operations.
Based on our materiality analysis 2018 we identified climate as the lead focus area for our efforts, followed by human rights, a responsible supply chain, being an inclusive employer with satisfied employees and community engagement.
In our direction 2021 we aim to
- Be acknowledged as a leading European bank in the transition to a sustainable future
- Be acknowledged as the leading business partner in sustainable finance and perceived as a leader for sustainable financial service offerings for household customers.
- Have investment portfolios well on their way to being aligned with the Paris Agreement
- Be the leading arranger of sustainability bonds and the leading bank on green lending in the Nordics.
- Actively reach out to our employees, customers and broader society on climate and finance
Learn more about in our Sustainable finance at Nordea brochure (pdf, 667 KB) and our Sustainability Report 2018 (pdf, 1 MB).