"For us, Sustainable Banking means inspiring and enabling our customers to make sustainable choices, contributing to society’s goals through climate action, social impact and strong governance."
Head of Group Sustainability
Net inflow of
to Sustainable Selection in 2019
Included in Bloomberg’s
Gender-Equality Index for
the 4th consecutive year
- The amount of green mortgages increased by 328%.
- AuM in Sustainable Selection increased by 87%.
- In 2019 Nordea Global Climate and Environment Fund was awarded as one of the year’s best funds by the Swedish magazine Privata Affärer.
- In 2019, Nordea Life and Pensions reallocated SEK 25bn to more sustainable investments, reducing carbon emissions from those investments by 46%.
- 3.9bn USD in apportioned deal value for green bonds.
- 1,273,795 tonnes CO2e in annual emissions avoided through our green lending portfolio.
- Less air travel by Nordea employees to internal meetings in 2019 helped reduce CO2e emissions from air travel by 11%.
- The transition from paper to digital in our client communication saved 4,028 trees and reduced CO2e emissions by 1,000 tonnes in 2019.
Watch our other first-hand reports from the field
Keep up with the latest in sustainable finance
Sign up for the Sustainable Finance newsletter
If you'd like more information,
please contact our sustainability team